The General Superintendent is responsible for managing field operations for a variety of project types in and around Chicago. The role includes direct oversight of field superintendents and management of site safety, quality and schedule. Construction projects range from $1M to $60M. Ability to work in a team environment with project managers, trade contractors, owners and designers is fundamental to this role.
- Preconstruction – Logistics plans, schedules, critical path development, general requirements budgets, manpower planning, Drawing review
- Preconstruction – Participate in planning meetings with design team, village, local officials, permit process
- Preconstruction – Participate in scope review meetings, lead trade kick-off meetings with site specific superintendent, implement site specific quality and safety control plan
- Construction – Manage site specific superintendent, site progress, lead efforts for resolution of site issues as required
- Construction – Trade oversight and conflict resolution
- Construction – Oversee safety compliance for all sites and all trades
- Construction – Ensure high quality workmanship – provide QA/QC from design phase thru construction and complete weekly reporting on each site. Follow up that recommendations are followed
- Lead Regular field staff team meetings, provide field staff training and knowledge transfer
- Participate in executive team meetings
- B.S. degree in engineering, construction management or related and 10 years of direct experience or 20 years of relevant experience;
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in the construction industry with a commercial and/or multifamily residential general contractor engaged in general building construction;
- Professional credentials – current CQM certification issued by USACE/NAVFAC;
- Proficient with computer technology and software (such as Procore or Prolog) and used in the construction industry.
- Self-motivated team player