BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Title: Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager is responsible for the establishment and execution of vertical market business development, marketing strategies, networking and relationship building, lead generation, initial client contact, obtaining new work, and coordinating all promotional and sales functions.
- Ensure quality client contacts and leads, perform client needs assessments, make introduction to Kinzie Team.
- Conduct general presentations with potential clients via scheduled appointments. Probe and evaluate prospective client objectives and assess personal characteristics and project goals. Develop targeted approaches and strategies responsive to the above highlighting Kinzie Builders features, advantages and benefits toward building relationships.
- Participate in and influence final sales presentations with executive staff, management team and estimating to close potential sales with client.
- Identify and qualify potential opportunities for future market growth and work with team to prepare and implement strategic initiatives.
- Utilize available marketing resources such as project case studies, resumes, photographs, and other marketing collateral to maximize business development efforts and their sales process. Make recommendations and assist in the development of proposals, presentations, company brochures, advertising and promotional programs, and other client engagement collateral.
- Report on sales activities, prospects, proposals, anticipated RFPs and presentations.
- Work to best understand Kinzie’s background, experience, and capabilities
- Meet weekly with Kinzie Builders Principals to share and leverage strategies and experiences.
- Maintain familiarity, competitive intelligence and regular interaction with contacts in the market and maintain an ongoing lead network. Attend targeted professional marketing affiliation and industry trade shows that provide favorable results for Kinzie Builders.
- Develop a company CRM system.
- Assist in establishment of Business Development budget and work to stay within established budget.
- Provide for the appropriate written/verbal follow up and correspondence with clients or prospective clients.
- Fully understanding Kinzie Builders core competencies and project experience which includes the following:
- Preconstruction Services
- Estimating Process
- Deliverables to Clients
- GMAX exhibits
- Open Shop vs. Union (competition advantage)
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of “open shop”
Education / Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of sales or marketing experience.
Professionalism, Networking, Prospecting, Research, Writing, Closing Skills, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Knowledge, CRM, Microsoft Office, Procore, GC Pay