Title: Project Engineer
The Project Engineer is responsible for assisting and supporting Estimating, Project Management and Field Operations Departments in planning, directing and coordinating designated project activities to ensure all goals and objectives are met. This role will learn all facets of the construction process to allow progression to the position of estimator, project manager, or superintendent.
Estimating Support – an Estimator prepares comprehensive, accurate and competitive cost estimates to allow the opportunity to achieve successful award of potential projects.
- Formulate accurate budgets while working closely with the estimating team
- Review all bid documents to create quantity take-offs using On Screen. Develop RFI’s as required.
- Conduct jobsite walkthroughs to verify actual field conditions (as needed)
- Develop a list of qualified subcontract bidders . Communicate with subcontract bidders to confirm scope coverage
- Analyze Subcontractor bids as they relate to drawings, specifications and scope of work
- Work with team and subcontractors to obtain cost-saving alternatives and value engineering
Field Operations Support –Assist field operations staff to:
- Procure materials and assemble / distribute a look-ahead schedule that coincides with the construction schedule. Maintain daily logs, which document day-to-day job activities. Participate in Subcontractor meetings to coordinate activities.
- Walk jobsite daily to review conditions / progress and assist in completing audits, inspections and daily logs.
- Work QC plan and monitor. Review plans and specs. Maintain construction documents on site by logging the drawings, sketches and bulletins via Procore
- Generate punch list, determine responsible subcontractor for each item and follow up with subcontractor(s) to ensure timely completion.
Project Management -Work with the team to ensure that the GMAX goals and objectives are met. Participate in the conceptual development of a construction project and oversee its organization, scheduling, and implementation. Your responsibility will be to assist project management staff to:
- Monitor and achieve goals to include overhead, profit, general conditions, self-performed trades, total client satisfaction and profit projections / job cost maintenance.
- Monitor a detailed master construction schedule utilizing Asta. Track critical dates of all activities affecting the project completion (Owner, Architect, Consultants, Contractor, Subcontractors, Municipalities, Equipment Suppliers, Site Due Diligence, etc.) and provide updates as required.
- Review and process submittals, shop drawings and RFI’s. Follow up with architect / subcontractor to expedite approvals. Establish, maintain and update logs that meet Company or Owner’s specifications.
- Coordinate and/or participate in weekly OAC, MEP Coordination, Pre-installation and post construction meetings. Prepare meeting minutes. Outline all items discussed, indicating the status of each, and assign responsibility and date for completion of open items.
- Verify, price and prepare change order documentation. Maintain change order log to review weekly status of changes.
- Project completion closeout documentation. Compile as-built drawings, warrantee letters, O&M manuals, and other documents to complete the closeout package.
- Results Oriented
- Customer Centered
- Communication Coordination
- Relationship Building
Education / Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or University in construction, engineering or architecture related fields.
- Prior industry experience as a Project Engineer or Intern preferred; field and/or estimating experience is a plus.
- Understanding of basic construction technologies such as: scheduling software ability to read and understand blueprints, Procore experience a plus