SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
Title: Senior Project Manager
As a member of the project management team, the Senior Project Manager is responsible for the overall administration, execution and completion of a singular large scale project or multiple mid-sized projects. The SPM will participate in the development of a project and oversee its organization, scheduling, budgeting, and implementation. This role will manage productivity, profitability, communication between team members, resolve conflicts, and cultivate client and Architect/Engineer relationships. Supervision of other Project Managers, Project Engineers will be required.
- Be a part of team preparing budgets and estimates. Review and evaluate bids to ensure required scopes are included, provide value design suggestions and work with the project team to implement revisions.
- Prepare general conditions, general requirements, and budgets.
- Prepare site logistic plans and develop costs associated with them to be part of budget.
- Coordinate preparation of permit applications for review/approval, and submittal of updated permit documents as required.
- Prepare and execute all subcontracts and ensure there is proper certificate of insurance that are in place prior to subcontractors starting work on site.
- All project management activities are to be managed through Procore construction management.
- Develop, monitor and maintain a schedule and identify the critical path and manage milestones.
- Prepare comprehensive cost estimates throughout the project’s duration.
- Manage the shop drawing/submittal schedule and process to ensure accuracy and compliance with contract documentation; monitor and distribute as required for coordination purposes.
- Manage the requests for information (RFIs) and change order processes, maintain the appropriate logs, and review with the project team regularly.
- Coordinate and conduct required meetings (e.g., pre-job, weekly construction meetings, post-job, and project closeout). Prepare and distribute meeting minutes on weekly basis.
- Collaborate with the Superintendent to facilitate subcontractor/vendor coordination, ensure required inspections are performed and deficiencies are addressed, enforce quality control procedures and safety inspection performance, review the project punchlist, and obtain a certificate of occupancy.
- Review job costs, billings, and pencil draws for pay applications. Enforce vendor use of GC pay for monthly billings.
- Maintain relationships with architects, developers, and subcontractors.
- Participate in industry associations, actively promote Leopardo, and network to exchange information and gain insight about construction trends, the competition and industry/market trends.
- Assist project team to prepare for presentations and interviews.
- Lead and manage by example for younger Kinzie employers to grow and prosper their careers
- Kind, Courteous, Respectful
- Results Oriented
- Customer Centered
- Relationship Building
Education / Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in construction, engineering or architecture related fields; or, equivalent training and related experience.
- 8-10 years in progressively responsible role with extensive estimating experience and an understanding of the business side of construction; field experience is a plus.
- Must possess a deep understanding of each phase of the construction process, including architectural design and blueprinting.
- Proven record of success on large and/or complex projects.
- Training and experience with technology, processes, and procedures that produce positive results. Procore experience a plus.