Title: Senior Superintendent
Reports to: Project Executive
The Senior Superintendent is responsible for providing leadership for on–site field administration and supervision and for the field operations of a project. This role will plan, direct and coordinate designated project activities to ensure all project objectives are attained or exceeded, within the project schedule and budget, all while maintaining a safe project site and at the highest standards of quality. The Senior Superintendent will also perform quality control and subcontractor/vendor coordination activities. Some supervision of Superintendents I and /or II and Interns may be required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise total on-site effort to ensure project is constructed with design, budget and schedule, safety and quality.
- Monitor and achieve goals to include overhead, profit, general conditions, self perform trades, and total client satisfaction and profit projections/job cost maintenance in collaboration with other leaders as required.
- Coordinate daily subcontractor activities including weekly meetings with each trade contractor. Track status on subcontracts and insurance.
- Manage the detailed master construction schedule, create a two-week look-ahead schedule that coincides with the master schedule. Manage manpower, track the dates of all activities affecting the project completion.
- Review construction documents for constructability and conformity to contract documents. Compare shop drawings and submittals to contract documents.
- Maintain construction documents on site by logging the drawings, sketches and bulletins into procore system.
- Generate punch lists, determine responsible subcontractor for each item and follow up with subcontractor(s) to ensure completion.
- Maintain all documents, inspections and reports in Procore.
- Be kind courteous and respectful to all people you come in contact with while managing the project and interacting with all professionals
- Have a willingness to learn procore management software system and embrace it daily
Kinzie Real Estate Group’s expertise goes beyond general contracting and construction management with a full-service real estate company that includes residential and commercial brokerage, asset management and disposition planning, property management and development services. The company has a track record in the strategic planning, management and workout of pre-foreclosure and bank-owned assets for clients including BMO Harris Bank, Wintrust Corp., Baytree Bank & Trust, Loan Management Solutions as well as private equity firms such as Capital Crossing, Rialto Capital, and Colony Capital, to name a few.